It may happen that a Veeam Backup Job stucks in “stopping” status. If you search for a resolution you will stumble upon Veeam KB 1727.
Unfortunately, the provided solution will terminate ALL jobs and restores.
But how do you terminate a dedicated Veeam job stuck in “stopping” status?
Before you start please note:
Some jobs may take some time to stop, please allow up to 60 minutes for a job to stop before terminating it.
How to terminate a dedicated job:
First, find out the ID of the job you want to terminate:
- right-click the job in your „Veeam Backup and Replication Console“ and select „Edit“
- change to „Summary“
- write down the ID mentioned in the command line to start the job on the backup server:
- open the Task Manager on your Veeam Backup & Replication Server
- change to „Processes“
- right-click in the header of the processes and select „Command Line“ to be displayed
- search for the command line with the ID worked out the step before
- right-click the said command line and select „End Task“ to terminate the process: