Some days ago, HP released version 12.5 for it’s StoreVirtual platform (StoreVirtual 4000 storage/StoreVirtual VSA software).
This new version includes some enhancements (copy of the Release Note):
- Two-node quorum, which allows for a Quorum Witness in a two-node configuration. The Status of Quorum Witness is displayed in the output of the getNSMInfo and getGroupInfo commands.
- Support for iSCSI split network. Information about the split network (which network interface being used) is displayed in the getNSMInfo (NSM category) and getGroupInfo (NIC category) commands.
- HP StoreVirtual VSA KVM for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 and CentOS 6.6
- VMware vSphere 6.0 support for MEM
- Support for SCVMM 2012 R2
The enhancement I was really looking forward is the Quorum Witness:
Beside the Virtual Manager and the Failover Manager (FOM) this is now another possiblity to configure a tiebreaker for a two node cluster.
The advantage of the Quorum Witness over the already existing tiebreaker is, that it does not require access to the iSCSI network (routing iSCSI traffic to a third location might be a problem).
The Quorum Witness only requires a NFS Version 3 fileshare that must be accessible by the two VSA Managers.
The share should have write permissions and a maximum latency of 300ms.
HP Store Virtual Storage 12.5 Ressources: