This article provides a step-by-step guide how to move existing Veeam backup data from a simple repository to a scale-out backup repository (SOBR).
There are two different variants to reach this goal. Depending if you need a redistribution of files at the target SOBR or not choose the appropriate way:
Move backup data to a SOBR and distribute the backupfiles equally on the related repositories
- Create a dummy repository
- place the existing backup files in there
- rescan the repository
- add the dummy repository to the existing scale-out repository (SOBR)
- right-click the newly added repository -> Maintenance mode
- right-click the newly added repository -> Evacuate backups
- files will be automatically redistributed to other extends
- when empty, remove the dummy extend from the SOBR
- remove the dummy repository from configuration and delete it
- map the pre-existing backup job to the backup files new location
Move backup data to a SOBR, redistribution of files is not desired
In this case simply copy the folder containing VBM and backup files to one of the existing extents.
Rename both path and VBM to ensure import, and re-scan the scale-out backup repository.